May 24, 2013

Friday Finds

Each Friday I'm going to try and share a few cool things I have come across recently.  It might be websites, blogs, food, baby items, household items, whatever I might find and really love!  I hope you will enjoy my finds as well!

First off I'm sharing a blog I enjoy.  This blog has inspired me to try and live a natural life as much as possible.  Don't get me wrong, I still love eating out and desserts, but now I'm more 
conscious about what foods I eat.  If there is a more natural choice I will pick it.  (Most of the time).  Not only does the blog offer advice about food, but it gives lots of recipes to try out too!  She also posts what she packs her daughter for lunch many days, I like this because it gives me ideas for my own lunches.  Packing a lunch can get so boring!  

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/  

I have recently read an article that has inspired my second pick of the day!  The article talked about what you don't want to find in your sunscreen.  I had no idea sunscreen had anything bad in it.  Now with that being said, I know that you can't trust everything you read, but it does get me thinking.  She also seems to spend a lot of time researching different items so I really trust what she has to say.  Finding articles like this one isn't always the best thing for me because I'm a worrier, boy does it get old sometimes too!  Anyways, the article got me thinking about what different kinds of sunscreens are out there, so I went on a search to find one I would like, that didn't have the ingredients the article said to stay away from.  This is what I found:





I love this sunscreen because it goes on really nicely!  It doesn't get clumpy and hard to spread.  Plus, it has no fragrances!  I also picked up the lip balm and bug repellant too!  I found these at Babies R Us, they have a whole line of BabyGanics products.  So far from what I've tried, I really like the brand!  Here is a link to the article in case you are interested:  http://foodbabe.com/2013/05/05/what-you-need-to-know-before-you-ever-buy-sunscreen-again/

My last find of the day is keeping with the theme of natural products.  I was so excited when I discovered this:




This jelly tastes just like any other jelly but has all natural ingredients:  strawberries, sugar, fruit pectin, and citric acid.  In case you are wondering what fruit pectin is (I had no idea) here is the web definition: A natural substance found in fruit, especially citrus fruit, used in jam and jelly making because it can gel liquids.  It comes in Strawberry, Concord Grape, Red Raspberry, and Orange Marmalade.  Tasty and all natural, I love when it works out like that!

Like I said, I definitely still love my fast food, junk food, and sweets, now I just try to substitute all natural whenever I can!  Happy Friday, TGIF!!


No comments :

Post a Comment