May 22, 2013

Strawberry Angel Food Cake

Today I'm sharing a delicious recipe that would be perfect for any summer gathering.  It is light, fruity, and always a crowd pleaser!  For as long as I can remember my mom has made this dessert and I always enjoy a few helpings of it!  

Here's what you need:

2 small boxes of strawberry Jello
1 angel food cake
1 container of cool whip or Reddi wip 
strawberries *my mom has used a pack of frozen and I used 1 lb. container of fresh-either way works fine!*

First, rip up the angel food cake into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.  
Next, cut up strawberries and mix them into the angel food cake.

Then, get two cups of water (I used warm...not sure if it matters) and mix in your jello packets.
Pour all the jello mixture over the angel food cake.  It may look soupy, don't worry!  Let the dessert sit in the fridge for a little while, the jello will absorb into the angel food cake...this is when it gets really good! 
Finally, top off with cool whip to serve!  Not only is this super easy but it is really tasty!  



If you enjoy this version, try mixing it up a bit.  Try a different jello with different fruits!   Happy Hump Day!

No comments :

Post a Comment