Jun 24, 2013

Birthday Fun

My brother celebrated his 24 birthday over the weekend!  We had a great time and I will share my dessert tomorrow, it turned out delicious!!

The birthday theme is rolling over in my post today.  I want to share birthday party ideas from a very special birthday, Harper's first birthday!

Earlier I shared that I'm not much for having parties.  I don't enjoy being the host because I always worry that people are having fun.  I worry if the food is good and there is enough of it!  Because I'm a crazy worrier, I just chose to have a very small family party.  Even though I knew it was going to be really small, I still wanted to decorate like crazy!  I love to decorate, especially with a theme!

Here are some fun birthday party ideas (mostly Pinterest inspired).  I hope you can get some inspiration or ideas for your next party!  


The theme was pink, orange, and polka dots!
I made treats to take home.  They were my peanut butter cup brownies.  I attached a note that said, "Thank you for celebrating our little "peanut's" first birthday!  They turned out really yummy!  I put them in bright pink treat bags. 

This is how my mom and I decorated the dining room.  I made pom poms to hang from the light.  They were a really cute addition to the room!  Here is a link for making them.  Pom poms

I went to JoAnn Fabrics and purchased pink and white polka dot fabric.  My mom turned it into a table runner, it made the table pop!  I also added a few framed pics of Harper throughout the room.  We had orange plates and pink polka dot napkins.  The tray had cookie dip, graham crackers, and animal crackers (chocolate and regular).  I also had Harper's smash cake on the cake plate.  

One banner I made.  I used the Cricut to cut out all the letters and banner pieces. 

Another table in the room filled with cupcakes (I went with these instead of a cake). I also had popcorn funnels (using scrap book paper) filled with Reese's peanut butter cup popcorn.  I also had an All About Harper book out.  I will share about that later. 

I made cupcakes for the guests.  They had little "one" sticks in them.  I used the Cricut to cut out the scalloped circles.  I printed out 1s on the computer.  Next I glued the white paper to the pink circles.  Then, I taped it to a toothpick and stuck them in the cupcakes!  Really simple but it added something really cute to the cupcakes!

More banners!  The top banner is just a plain banner.  The bottom banners are her monthly banners.  I took a picture from each month and added them to the wall.  It was a great way to look back at the first year!

Here is an up close!  I made cut-outs on the Cricut that said each month.  I also taped each picture to a different scrapbook paper, it made the pictures pop!  Finally, I did pink and orange polka dot clothespins.  My husband actually did all the polka dots for me, they turned out so sweet.  Something so simple but it added a lot!  (We painted the clothespins)

I previously shared how I made the number one.  Loved it!

Last banner, it went around her high chair.  I also found an adorable fabric party hat at Hallmark!

Another picture...


I also found this sweet frame at Hallmark.  I now have her one year old birthday picture in the frame, I love this frame!

I made her a cupcake bib to match the party theme.  I found fabric at JoAnns that I liked.  I cut out a cupcake bottom and used regular (I believe) wonder under to attach it to the bib.  I just followed the directions on the package for it.  I purchased the plain bib from Hobby Lobby. For the frosting I used this tutorial to make the swirly pieces.

Finally, here is my little birthday girl in all her glory!

I also got a plain pink onesie from Hobby Lobby and wonder undered the big "one" on it.  I also took puffy paint and outlined it.  Finally, I made the tutu using this tutorial.  

There you have it, fun first birthday (or any birthday) ideas!  I hope you have enjoyed it! 

Happy Monday, I hope you all have a wonderful week!  Stop by tomorrow for my birthday theme continued (one more day) and find out how my brother's cake came!

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun


No comments :

Post a Comment