Jun 6, 2013

Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas

Happy Thursday!  The week sure seems to be flying by, one step closer to Friday!  Although I wish life would slow down a little bit, Harper turned 16 months old yesterday!  I wish she would slow down too!!  She is such a little character these days.  My sister taught her how to hold her nose when we say "stinky" and she does it so nicely, it is pretty darn funny!  She is also talking more, her favorite word is "puppy" I keep telling her not to enjoy that word too much.  I have no plans for a puppy ANYTIME soon! :)  It is amazing to think that 16 months ago she was so tiny and now she is getting so big and doing so much!  What a blessing she is!! 

I love this little peanut!  

I've gotta share this delicious dinner I made recently.  Matt loved it so much he practically licked his plate!  It was definitely tasty, but it was also easy which is a plus in my book!  I got the recipe from:  Chipotle Chicken Recipe but I altered mine slightly.

Ingredients:  (This recipe made 5 quesadillas)
1Tbsp. olive oil 
1/2 Onion, chopped  (I used more, just a little more than 1/2)
A Handful of banana peppers from a jar (I chopped them up)
1-2 Chicken breasts (Depending on how much chicken you prefer. We used 2 and had some leftover.)
1 Tsp. Cayenne pepper
2 Tsp. Paprika
Salt and pepper
2 Cups of monterey jack cheese (I just shredded a whole block of cheese and used what I needed)
5 Flour tortillas

For the Chipotle Sauce: (The original recipe calls for 1/2 of all of the ingredients below, it was for 3 quesadillas.  Mine is for 5 quesadillas so I doubled the recipe.)
1/2 Cup mayo
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. vinegar
2 Whole chipotle in Adobo (I found a can of chipotles in adobo sauce at the grocery store.) 
Salt and pepper

For directions for the quesadillas and sauce click on the link above! 


 We ate ours with some fruit salad!  Delicious combination!  

Have a great day and stop by tomorrow for a few Friday finds!  

No comments :

Post a Comment