Jun 25, 2013

Cookie Cake

It's time for Tasty Tuesday again!!  One of my favorite days of the week!  I have got a DELCIOUS cookie cake recipe for you all!

A few weeks ago I made the pudding chocolate chip cookies.  I haven't been able to stop thinking about them, they were so good!!!  My brother loves to have a cookie cake for his birthday.  He's not big on sweets but cookie cakes are a must have for him.  My mom suggested we make him one and I was right on board with that!  I thought we should use the same recipe I used when making the pudding chocolate chip cookies.  The only thing I did differently was to add M & M's along with it!

Here is the cake recipe:  taken from: http://www.iheartnaptime.net/pudding-cookies/  Her site is amazing, check her out!

1 cup margarine (or butter) softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
3.4 oz pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix (small box)
2 eggs (at room temp)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup of milk chocolate chips (or as many as you want)
1/2 cup of M&M's (or as many as you want)

Directions:
For directions on making this cake, click on the link above!


Once it is cool it is time to frost.  I found the frosting recipe here:  http://www.playinghouseblog.com/2012/07/frosted-chocolate-chip-cookie-cake.html

I thought it did it the job, not too sweet but just right!

To finish off you can place the frosting in a piping bag and decorate the cake.  One piece of advice, if you aren't going to frost the whole cake I would suggest cutting the recipe in half.  I just frosted the outside and a few words.  I had more than half the frosting leftover, it was a waste.  Next time I would use half unless I frosted it all!  Other than that this cake was amazing!  We liked it better than the store bought, plus you know all the ingredients in it!!

Enjoy!



Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun

No comments :

Post a Comment