Jun 9, 2013

Random Sunday Love

Well the rain held off and it actually turned out to be the perfect night for a picnic yesterday evening!  Matt, Harper, and I went to the lake with a blanket, some food, and Minnie Mouse in tow.  We live about 15 minutes away from Lake Erie so we are blessed to have a great picnic spot all summer long!  Harper didn't quite understand eating on the blanket.  She wanted to walk all around and explore, food was the last thing on her mind!  We got a few quick bites in her and that was that.  The sand, sticks, and birds had her attention for the rest of the trip.  She was also very interested in pulling everything out of the cooler and trying to drink bottled water.  Harper is definitely a curious little girl and a seriously STUBBORN one too!

One of her only bites of food all night! 

A rare smiling picture of both of us!  

 Enjoying some family time! 

A few weeks ago we went to Edinboro (a small town 20 minutes from our house) where I went to college.  They have the BEST bagel shop there!  I'm slightly obsessed with all bagel shops.  I don't know what it is but I love me some bagels.  Especially the fresh ones that just come out of the oven, who doesn't love the smell of freshly baked bread?  Anyways, when we went I got a chicken salad bagel and naturally have been craving another ever since!  I decided to make some chicken salad and went to the grocery store and got fresh bagels.  They weren't quite as good as the bagel shop's sandwiches, but they were pretty darn close!  I also made some pasta salad and seriously good chocolate chip cookies!  It was a deeeeelicious picnic!  

Chicken Salad:

Ingredients:
2 Chicken Breasts (shredded)
1/2 Cup of Mayo
Handful of Grapes
Handful of Chopped Walnuts
Scoop of Banana Peppers (cut up)
Salt and Pepper
1 Tsp. Garlic Salt

Directions:
Cook the chicken breasts and shred them.  Place chicken breasts in bowl and add mayo.  You may want to add more mayo if you like it really creamy.  1/2 cup seemed to be just right for us!  Then, add the grapes, chopped walnuts, and a scoop of banana peppers that you have cut up.  Finally, add a bit of salt and pepper and about a tsp. of garlic salt.  I mixed everything up well and put in the refrigerator until we were ready to go.

I would highly recommend serving them on bagels with lettuce and tomato!  Matt prefers his with cheese and mustard!  Whatever you like you can't really go wrong!


Pasta Salad:

Ingredients:
Your Favorite Kind of Noodles
1 Pepper (We used green but any pepper would be tasty)
1 Block of Monterey Jack Cheese- Cubed
Small Jar of Sliced Olives
1 Bottle of Italian Dressing

Directions:
Cook your noodles (we cooked almost the whole box and had lots leftover) and then let them cool.  When I'm in a hurry, which is almost always I run them under water until they are cool.  Then, chop up the pepper into small chunks and add it to the pasta.  Next, slice up the block of cheese into bite size chunks and add them.  The small jar of sliced olives is next!  Finally, finish it off with a bunch of Italian dressing, mixing well.  I have no precise measurement, I just put in enough for it to be tasty.  I got a large bottle and didn't come close using it all!


The chocolate chip cookies weren't just any old chocolate chips, they had pudding in them!  They were so moist and tasty, I can't believe I haven't discovered this recipe sooner.  Check out I Heart Nap Time for the great recipe!  I highly suggest you go, now!!!!



Tomorrow we are kicking the week off with Father's Day ideas and inspirations!  Stop by and check it out, I've got a really fun and unique cake for all dads!

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun

No comments :

Post a Comment