Jun 29, 2013

Tuscan Garlic Chicken

Good morning everyone!  I'm sorry I have been MIA for a few days this week!  This has been the busiest week I have had in a LONG time!  I finally turned in the huge project for my class, what a relief!  I feel like I can get back to living life!

Last week I made a really tasty dinner for my family, it was a HUGE hit!  The chicken was cooked so nicely and the sauce was delicious!  If you are in the mood for some pasta, I highly recommend this dinner!

Tuscan Garlic Chicken      (Recipe found here!)

Ingredients:
3/4 cup of all-purpose flour, also 1 tbsp. of it separately
1/2 tbsp. of salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 tbsp. finely minced garlic
1 red bell pepper, chopped into small chunks
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
6 ounces of fresh spinach (I forgot to buy some, so I didn't add this)
1/2 cup of heavy cream
2 tbsp. corn starch
1 cup of low-fat milk
1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 pound of fettuccini noodles

Directions:
Please click on the link above for directions on how to make it...you won't be disappointed!!

I will say that I actually doubled the cream mixture and cooked 6 chicken breasts instead of 4.  It turned out really great!  I'm not a huge meat person but the chicken was actually my favorite part of the meal!  We also added a little bit of crushed red pepper on top of our chicken, it was a little added kick!


Stop by tomorrow for a cool place to take your kids in Pittsburgh (if you are anywhere close to there) and coming up this week: more fun things to do with kids, a dinner idea, and a tasty dessert!  I promise this coming week will be better!  Happy Saturday!


Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun

No comments :

Post a Comment