Jul 30, 2013

Ladybug Holders

Have you been looking for a fun and easy craft to make with your little ones?  Last week in arts and crafts class we made adorable ladybugs.  They were easy and the kids really liked them.  They enjoyed the fact that they were on sticks and could pick them up and play with them!


Here is what you need:
Red and black paint
Paper plate
Googly eyes
Black construction paper
Popsicle stick
Glue 
Scissors

I made this craft with 3-5 year olds.  Many of my little ones don't have much experience with using scissors and get easily frustrated by the process.  I decided to help them out and get the ladybugs started.  Here is what I did before they began:


I got the paper plate and glued a popsicle stick to the bottom.  It was a little flimsy until the glue dried completely, and then it was nice and sturdy.  Then, I took a piece of construction paper and cut out a triangular bottom that came to a point and went up.  I glued that down to the paper plate. Next, I cut a circular head and glued it to the plate.  

Then, I gave the kids red paint and let them have at it!  Yes, some did get on the black construction paper, but not much.  They were adorable anyways!  After the paint dried, we took a finger and dipped it into black paint and added the spots.  

After the spots, we glued on the antennae and legs.  Finally, we put on the eyes!  There you have it...it's easy and fun.  A sure kid pleaser!   I got some inspiration on Pinterest for different ladybugs but nothing specific, I kind of took a few ideas and my own to put it together!  

Tomorrow I have a delicious recipe to share, come on by! 

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun

No comments :

Post a Comment