Jul 25, 2013

Pizza Hutish Pizza

There is nothing I really love more in this world than a pizza.  I don't care what kind it is, if it has cheese I'm good to go!  Although I also like onions, mushrooms, and banana peppers too!  I have been on the hunt for a good pizza recipe to pin and then I saw it, Copy Cat Pizza Hut Pan Pizza!  Oh my word, if I could get pizza that I make to taste anything like Pizza Hut then my life is pretty much complete!

So last night I set out to see if I could make this copy cat pizza.  I realized after the process that I wanted to make a few alterations.  I'll mention those along the way!

Ingredients for the crust:
1/4 cup of non-fat dry milk (I got a single serving which was a lot cheaper than buying a box)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
1 package of dry yeast
1 1/3 cup of warm water (105 degrees f)  *I microwaved mine in a pyrex measuring bowl
2 tbsp. vegetable oil (for the dough)
4 cups of all-purpose flour
**Recipe called for 6 tbsp. veggie oil, 3 for each cake pan....6 was way too much.  I used 1 tbsp. oil per pan and coated each in butter flavored cooking spray (Not the healthiest, but it was a treat)

Ingredients for the sauce:
1 8oz can of tomato sauce (the recipe called for low sodium, I used regular)
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. marjoram
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 garlic salt
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese

Click on the link above for directions on how to make the pizza!!  *The only thing I would suggest that I would do differently next time is to cook the crust a little bit before topping it.  My crust turned out a little runny and it would have been great if I just cooked it before hand.  

I can't wait to try it again!  This would be great for a Friday night dinner after a long work week!  


Before the oven!

After the oven! 

Stop by tomorrow for Friday finds!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment