Jul 28, 2013

Toddler Game and Journaling

Hello and happy Sunday!  I'm so excited to have no real plans today, just spending time with my two loves!  It has been a nice weekend!  Last night Matt and I tried a new (to us) local bar, who doesn't love bar food?  It was pretty tasty and then we got to see a movie!  It has been too long since we had a date night; it is always nice to get a break from life!  

Yesterday was rainy and we didn't have any plans during the day, so Harper and I stayed home.  We watched movies and played games all day.  I discovered Harper LOVES to play hide and seek.  I took one of her toys and began hiding it around the family room.  She had to find where I put the puppy each time.  She loved playing this game.  I taught her to run to the kitchen while I hid the dog. Surprisingly she did it really well, she waited until I called her to come back, then she would find it. She really liked looking for it, and I would give her clues if she got stuck!  You could use anything really.  I picked a dog because she loves dogs. 

Hiding

Hiding

Hiding

Seeking


Seeking

Found!

She really loved this!!

I also wanted to share an idea for your little ones.  Although you really could start it at any age.  One of my good friends got me a journal when I was pregnant with Harper.  She told me she wrote down all kinds of fun memories for her daughter, and she started it when she was born.  I have been journaling once a week (most of the time) since she was born.  Although, when she was a newborn I did it every day because there was so much to share.  I want her to know as much as she can about her little life.  My mom has always told me she wishes she could have asked her mom questions about certain things (her mom passed away years ago).  I decided to include as much as I could about my pregnancy and about myself too. Things that I think Harper might like to know later on in life.  It will hopefully be something she enjoys pulling out and reading as she gets older.  I can't wait to share it with her.  I already enjoy looking back and reading entries from when she was first born!  

Have a happy Sunday and I will be back tomorrow with a fun hair bow tutorial!  

No comments :

Post a Comment