Aug 27, 2013

Coconut Bundt Cake

Yesterday was my mom's birthday, I love celebrating birthdays!!  I knew I wanted to make her a cake and I knew it had to involve coconut, she LOVES coconut!  For my dad's birthday I found the perfect bundt cake for him and it was heavenly.  I decided to check back to one of my favorite blogs for another great bundt cake.  Shay, the mama at Mix and Match Mama spent the past year creating 100 different varieties of bundt cakes.  Since I loved the first one so much, I decided to try another.  I feature her recipes a lot on here because they are so quick, easy, and tasty!  Check out her blog if you haven't yet!  

Coconut Bundt Cake: 
http://www.mixandmatchmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/bundt-cake-33-coconut.html



Ingredients:
1 box of white cake mix (I used yellow because that is what I had)
2 small boxes of instant coconut pudding (you may use vanilla if you can't find coconut)
1/2 cup of veggie oil
1 1/4 cup of water
4 eggs
4 cups of sweetened flaked coconut, divided **check my note below about this!
1 small can of Eagle Brand Milk
1 can of vanilla frosting

Directions:
Click on the link above for directions.  I do want to point out the one adjustment I would make next time.  The cake itself called for 2 cups of coconut in the batter. **This is where I would make my only change.  We loved how the cake turned out except there was a bit too much coconut in the cake.  It was a little too thick; I wanted something more light and airy.  The next time I make this cake I'm going to skip putting the coconut inside the batter and just use the coconut pudding for the batter.  I would still include the coconut in the frosting and on top of the frosting.  We did love the cake though!   It is up to you, if you enjoy a heavier cake then I would say include the coconut!**

It was easy and definitely delicious!  


By the way, we went to dinner for my mom's birthday at Max and Erma's.  They had some kind of burger challenge, I forget how much meat it was but it was INSANE.  This is my brother just before trying to tackle the burger.  


Lol, don't mind his expression, I caught him between smiles!  Crazy, huh?!  It was pretty fun though, they timed him.  He didn't come close to eating it all, but we had fun!  The record is 9 minutes, don't know how but somebody out there is crazy!!

Come on by tomorrow for a fun activity to do with your little ones!

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun

No comments :

Post a Comment