Aug 28, 2013

Sidewalk Paint

Lately I have been looking for fun, cheap, and easy activities to do with Harper.  This child is on the go all day long and I want to find fun things to do with all that energy!!  I saw this recipe for making sidewalk chalk paint and I knew I had to try it.  Not only is it really easy to make, but most likely you have all the ingredients already!  

My pinspiration: http://domesticcharm.blogspot.com/2011/05/liquid-sidewalk-chalk.html

Ingredients:
1 cup of water
1 cup of corn starch
food coloring

Directions:
Click on the link above for directions!

I used paper cups so it would be easy to clean up.  The blog I found the recipe at suggested mixing the colors and then pouring them into a muffin tray, that is another great option.  As far as brushes, I used those cheap foam brushes from Michaels.  I'm sure paintbrushes would be great too!

This was a neat alternative to the regular sidewalk chalk!  Harper really enjoyed playing in the colors too!  I knew it would most likely be messy so she tried them out in just a diaper, no clothes. In case you are wondering, the paint came off the driveway with some water from the hose!  When Harper got the paint on her it turned kind of powdery and came off easily!  



She enjoyed carrying the paint all over!



It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to do it again!!  

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun

No comments :

Post a Comment