Aug 1, 2013

Southwestern Egg Rolls

I pinned some new recipes that I have been anxious to try out.  Yesterday I decided to give one a shot.  I wasn't really paying attention to what boards I put them under, but I made one of my appetizer pins for dinner.  I don't think it was probably intended to be a main course, but it worked for me!  These got a thumbs up from the whole family, I must say they were awesome!  The dip is a must too!

Click HERE to see where the recipe came from! 

Southwestern Egg Rolls

Ingredients:
2 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 - 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 - 9 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry with paper towel 
2 cups shredded cheese -I used white cheddar
1 - 7 oz. can diced green chiles, drained  
4 green onions, finely chopped
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper  
1 pkg. of egg roll or wonton wrappers  (I found these in the produce department at Wal-Mart)

Directions:
For directions click on the link above!

Avocado Ranch Dip  **This is really tasty along with the Egg Rolls!

Ingredients:
3/8 cup mayonnaise
3/8 cup sour cream
3 tbsp. buttermilk
1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 green onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. salt
1 avocado

Directions:
For directions on how to make the sauce, click on the link above! 

Tomorrow afternoonish I will be back with my Friday finds, feel free to stop by!  I'm sorry I posted so late today!  



Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun

No comments :

Post a Comment