Aug 26, 2013

Weekend Catch Up

Monday mornings always get here so quickly!  I hope everyone had a relaxing and fun weekend! We had a busy weekend but we got in plenty of family time which is all I care about!  

Friday night we took Harper to see Disney Junior Live.  My dad was lucky enough to score us some free tickets!  It was a Pirate/Princess show.  Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Sophia the First performed.  Doc McStuffins was the opening act.  It was cute, Harper wasn't so sure of it at first but she warmed up quickly.  Luckily we had open seats next to us because this child can't sit for long at all!  She was up in the chair, on the floor and in our laps the whole time.    



Such a sweet little busy body!  

On Saturday night we took Harper to the Crawford County Fair.  I'm not really a fair person, they are kind of boring to me.  I do love the food (unfortunately) but who doesn't love a corn dog and freshly squeezed lemonade!  I was looking forward to taking Harper though.  I knew there would be animals and she, like most little kids, loves animals!  She had a ball looking at the animals and trying to stick her fingers in their cages.  It was definitely worth it taking her!  This weekend she learned to say two new animal sounds, "roar" and "moo".  

She loves anything with a steering wheel; she thought the tractors were pretty cool!



We wrapped up the weekend with a hike yesterday morning.  We strapped Harper into one of those backpack carriers and explored local hiking trails.  It was a beautiful, warm, and sunny afternoon.  Harper had a great time and it didn't even seem to bother her that she was strapped into a backpack!  




Nothing beats spending time with this little rascal!  

Of course don’t let all the fun pictures food you, this weekend was filled with plenty of fussy pouts and screaming too!  I think we are entering the terrible twos a little early at our house!  This child sure does love to push the buttons! 

After the creek I enjoyed some "me" time and spent the afternoon finishing up my back to school shopping!  I will share some fun finds on Friday!  Come on back tomorrow for a dessert, Wednesday for a fun kids craft, and Thursday for a dinner idea!  What did you all do this weekend??  

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun

No comments :

Post a Comment