Sep 24, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Roll-Ups

Tasty Tuesday is here!  Yayyy, I'm excited!  I decided to look around at a few different recipes, blend them together, get rid of some ingredients, add others and create my very own recipe!  I'm excited because I'm trying to start creating some of my own stuff and I never thought I could!  I'm happy with the way this recipe turned out, and I hope you all are too!  My family was also pleased with these little treats!


Ingredients:
1 can of crescent rolls *I made 8 roll ups
1/2 block of cream cheese *You might want to use a little more or less, 1/2 block worked just right for me
1 small apple-peeled then grated (using a cheese grater)
Sprinkle of cinnamon (for the filling)
3-4 tbsp. melted butter
1/4 cup of sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly coat cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Lay out all of the crescent rolls.
Spread a layer of cream cheese over each roll.
Add grated apples over the top of the cream cheese.
Sprinkle the top of the apples with cinnamon.
Roll up the crescents.
Microwave the butter and dump it into a bowl.  In a separate bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
Dip each crescent into the butter and then roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Place back on baking sheet and then pop into the oven for 13-15 minutes-Check on them to make sure they don't burn!

There you have it, so easy and pretty darn tasty.  You might want to wait until they cool a bit.  We liked them best when they were slightly warm!  A scoop of vanilla ice cream would be amazing with these!  

Come on by tomorrow for something fun for your kiddos!  Thanks for stopping by today!

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun  

No comments :

Post a Comment