Sep 25, 2013

Bourbon Chicken

Today I'm really excited about my post!  My cousin Jenny recently sent me this recipe because her family enjoyed it so much, I knew I had to try it.  Sure enough, my family loved it too.  It was easy, quick, and hearty!  Who doesn't love chicken with rice?!  Well, probably a lot of people, but if you are a person who enjoys both, then this is the recipe for you!!

By the way, can you believe September is almost over??  How fast life goes, I wish it would slow down!!!!



Here we go...
Ingredients:
2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts-cut into bite sized pieces 
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 crushed garlic clove
1/4 tsp. ginger 
3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup of apple juice
1/3 cup of light brown sugar 
2 tbsp. ketchup
1 tbsp. cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce

Directions:
Heat oil in large skillet.
Add chicken and cook until lightly browned.
Remove chicken.
Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well blended and dissolved. 
Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally.
Serve over rice.  

The recipe came from:  http://www.bigoven.com/recipe/201809/Bourbon-Chicken

The sauce wasn't real thick and I added the leftover sauce (from the bottom of the pan) over the rice.  This meal was so delicious!  Thank you Jenny for the great recipe!!  

Have a wonderful day and I will be back tomorrow with some random love!  Thanks for stopping by!

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun  

No comments :

Post a Comment