Sep 13, 2013

Friday Finds

Happy Friday!!  I'm thrilled it is finally here, not much makes me happier than a Friday!  This weekend I have crafting plans, we are visiting family, and I plan on relaxing with my little peanut quite a bit too!  It will be a nice weekend!  What is everyone else doing??

My finds today are a fun mix, and all worth checking out!

First off, have you heard of Dolly Parton's Imagination Library??  I just recently signed Harper up, and she will get a different book (I believe it is every month) until she is 5 (I think).  I tried to find the specifics on the webpage but I couldn't.  She just received her first book on Wednesday, The Little Engine That Could.  It was even hardback!  All you have to do is check and see if your area is participating and sign your child up.  It doesn't cost you a thing, and they get a bunch of free books.  This is a wonderful resource and I hope you all have this program available to you.  When I looked at the map, I noticed there are many areas that aren't participating yet.  Check it out, you can register your child online right at the website!  
http://usa.imaginationlibrary.com/register_my_child.php#.UjLzHcZQFqU

Matt recently picked me up a box of these almonds.  All I have to say is DELICIOUS!!  If you are a fan of almonds, give these a try!  They are 100 calories a pack and can be found at Walmart!  

My last find is so sweet, I fell in love with these!  Last weekend Matt, Harper, and I went to one of our good friend's daughter's birthday party.  The party was a Sesame Street theme and these were the cupcakes:




They looked just like the characters and they were really tasty too!  She used half an Oreo for the mouth and I think a chocolate chip for the center of the eye.  Everything else was frosting (I believe)....everyone enjoyed them!  There was also number 3 cookies because her daughter turned 3!!  It was a fun party with cute decorations, I had to share!! 

Happy Friday everyone and don't forget to join me Monday for a lunch idea!!

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun  

No comments :

Post a Comment