Sep 23, 2013

Waffle Monte Cristo Sandwich

Another Monday is here and as always so is a crazy busy week.  With all the craziness we need a quick and easy lunch idea, that is just what I have for you today! 

Today's lunch always seemed kind of gross to me before trying it.  A monte cristo never sounded slightly appetizing to me at all.  I guess I never thought it through, you have the saltiness from the ham and the sweetness from the powdered sugar covered waffle, add a dab of jelly and it is over the moon good!  My mom actually convinced me to try a monte cristo when she had one and raved about how good it was.  I knew it was finally time (after years of seeing these on menus) so I went to my favorite place to get a recipe...Pinterest!

Today I bring you something so good, you will have to have another one the next day!  You might even dream about it, it will definitely leave you wanting more! 



My pinspiration is here:  http://realmomkitchen.com/14889/eggo-monte-cristo-sandwiches-and-giveaway/    You will have to click on the link to get the full recipe.  Plus, there are some other really great recipes to check out while you are there!

Ingredients:
2 large eggs
1/2 cup of milk
8 frozen waffles (homestyle or buttermilk) *makes 4 sandwiches
Sliced turkey (as much as you want per sandwich)
Sliced ham (as much as you want per sandwich)
Swiss cheese (as much as you want per sandwich)
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
Powdered sugar (lots if you have a sweet tooth like me)
Your favorite jam or jelly for dipping!

Click on the link for directions on how to make these tasty little lunch items!  

Tomorrow I hope to bring you something tasty to round off our month of apple treats.  This is something that I'm creating and trying out tonight.  If it doesn't taste right, then I will have to improvise!  lol....I'm not much for creating my own recipes but I'm working on getting better!  

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you check back tomorrow...I think it will be a really great tasty Tuesday!  By the way, my blog got a little messed up and re-posted my apple pie bars for some reason.  It took the top position over my post on Saturday.  If you missed my post Saturday, check it out and let me know what is in your dvd player now! 
http://littlebitofsunshineblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/whats-in-my-dvd-player-now.html

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun  

No comments :

Post a Comment