Oct 17, 2013

Friday Finds

Well we made it, Friday is finally here!!  I have to say I couldn't be more excited right now.  This weekend is going to be great, 2 days off always are!  I was going to go to a haunted house (and really looking forward to it) but it was $25.00 a person, and that is just too much to pay this year!  Hopefully Matt and I will have teaching jobs next year, because I would love to go to one again!  

I know I have said this before but Halloween really is my favorite holiday!  I love being scared!!  Our first October together I begged him to take me to a haunted house, he kindly agreed (scary things are not his first pick).  Little did I know my engagement ring was in the door pocket next to me the whole ride down.  We went through part of a haunted house and were about to go to another when Matt said he was ready to go.  I was totally bummed out because I wanted to stay and do the second part.  I sadly sulked to the car (whining a little bit....or A LOT) when he popped the question!  It wasn't a romantic proposal, it was in parking lot outside of haunted house, but we were doing one of my most favorite things to do and he knew I would love it, and I did!  It was perfect to me, plus I didn't even care about missing the second part of the haunted house anymore!  :)  Then, we took a year off and the next year we went when I was 7 months pregnant.  I remember crawling around this haunted house at one point, I didn't even care that my belly was in my way, I was in Halloween heaven!  To make a really long and off topic story short, I love Halloween and can't wait until I can hit up another haunted house!! 

Christmas is also high up on my love list and I'm so excited because today on Pinterest I saw this:  http://www.cinemablend.com/television/ABC-Family-25-Days-Christmas-2013-Schedule-Announced-59902.html   ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas schedule has been announced!  I LOVE Christmas movies too, and in a few short weeks I will be doing my second "What's In My DVD Player" for Christmas themed movies...can't wait to share!!  PS-I'm currently in the middle of a Friday the 13th Marathon!  

I was on Facebook yesterday when I noticed someone posted this link to their page.  I immediately had to check it out because I love reminiscing about my childhood.  You have to check this out, so many things they had in the article were definitely things I did, had, or loved!  It was such a fun reminder of the simpler times in life!  Check it out!!   It's called, "50 Things You Will Never Be Able To Forget." 

This website Buzz Feed (which you all have probably already heard about) also posted these two interesting articles about Disney.  Since I'm obsessed with not only Halloween but all things Disney I had to check them out.  

The first is about 8 Disneyland attractions that were never built.  It was interesting to see what ideas people came up with for different rides, also why they didn't work out.  
The second is 3 Disney attractions that had to be closed because they were too scary.  Again, really interesting.  I definitely remember the alien ride, I also remember it creeped my whole family out...fun, fun, fun! If you are a fan of Disney at all, they are two fun reads!  

Do you happen to have a little one in your life who loves trains?!?  Well I just found this awesome blog with a great way to make Thomas trains out of play dough and Duplos!  You have got to check this out for the train lovers in your family...it is a whole blog dedicated to train play!  To say that it is impressive is an understatement!  I love finding creative moms who share their ideas...it makes my life so much easier and Harper's life more fun!!  Check it out, Play Dough Train Set!

I thought my post today needed at least one picture!  Harper loves being a good Mommy, her baby was thirsty!  

Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for stopping by everyone!!  

 Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun

No comments :

Post a Comment