Oct 20, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was really chill and that is the perfect kind of weekend for me!  I was so tired on Friday night that I actually fell asleep before Harper and Matt, crazy!  We did put Harper down but she wasn't having it. She was really fussy this weekend!!!  So we got her up and let her watch the Toy Story Halloween movie (we DVR'ed it on Wednesday).  She laid through the whole movie with me and seemed to enjoy it.  After the movie I was so tired I had to crash and I left her and Matt to hang out while I headed to bed.  

Saturday was really rainy all day.  We stayed inside, in our jammies until it was time to take Harper to swim lessons.  She had a ball at swim lessons!  She practiced going under the water a few times, she kicked balls to her friends in the water, and even worked on the laying on her back while kicking her feet (she really didn't enjoy that part).  She loves the "wawa" and always looks forward to going.  Throughout the week she will grab her swimmy diapers for me to put on her, she is always ready to head to swim lessons! I enjoy taking her because she gets around other little ones, which she doesn't have much of an opportunity to do.  




Saturday night was meltdown city at our house.  I really don't know what sparked it but Harper just freaked out.  She didn't seem to know what she wanted or didn't want, she was unhappy, and probably overtired. The only thing that made her feel better was when I brought out a craft for her to do.  She loves to craft (very fitting considering who her mama and grandma are) so I grabbed this little wooden turkey she could color from JoAnn Fabrics.  She enjoyed coloring it and kept calling "mama" to help her color.  It came with little markers and she especially enjoyed the purple one!  I let her find a place to put her turkey to decorate the house....she decided it should be in her choo choo!  After that I went to do some grocery shopping and she hung out with Matt.  It was really nice grocery shopping solo!  I could get everything done quickly and without having to ask her to sit down 500,000 times!  I think I might go when Matt is around more often!


At first she refused to let me take a picture of her!


Working hard on it!


Sunday was really chill too!  I woke up feeling kind of blah so Matt took Harper to church and I laid around and worked on lesson plans for my sub job.  That is pretty much what we did all day, hang out, lesson planned, played, played, and played.  Harper tried her first PB&J and discovered she wasn't a fan (we will keep trying).  I also got her an all natural peanut butter cup to try, she LOVED it and wanted to eat the 2nd one before I put her to bed.  I told her if she could say, "pumpkin," "Harper," or "Minnie" I would give her the chocolate, no such luck!  This child does not have the slightest interest in talking!  I keep trying, she won't budge....did I mention that Matt and I are both really stubborn...she has no chance, really!  


She loves to color, especially while sitting at the "big girl" computer desk!  If you are wondering why she isn't wearing pants, she threw a huge fit.  I got them on her and she yanked them off as fast as she could!  Not sure why but we just rolled with it! 


Cheesing with Mama!

All in all it was a great weekend with my family, a lot of laughter, love, and especially a lot of fussing!  :) What would I do without my little fussy princess?!   Happy Monday, I hope you all had a great weekend too!

 Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun

No comments :

Post a Comment