Oct 7, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was wonderful again, and really busy as always!

Friday night (believe it or not) I actually took Harper to a high school football game.  I don't know if I have said it much or not, but I REALLY don't enjoy football, at all.  My husband is obsessed with it, he coaches a middle school team and watches it all the time.  I am the complete opposite.  In my defense I have tried to get into football, I have asked questions when I didn't understand (which was a lot of questions).  I have sat down for 5-10 minute increments where I tried my hardest to focus on the game, it's just not happening people!  No way, no how, never.  But anyways I knew it would mean A LOT to Matt if I went to a game with him and brought Harper.  I decided if I was going to go to a game it would have to be the biggest game in my old school's schedule, their greatest rivalry, PREP.  I figured this would be the best game to go to because there would be plenty of interesting people doing lots of crazy things (at least I could keep busy people watching).  I was right, the McDowell vs. Prep game never fails to disappoint in terms of interesting people and crazy antics!  It was a great first quarter and then Harper got antsy so we walked around a bit and left.  I can say I made it to a game this season so I'm set, and Matt had the joy of having us there for a little bit at least!

Harper had to go dressed in blue and white to support her Mama's old high school!  Sadly, they lost, but she looked darn cute!





Saturday our friends came to visit, it was such a great time!  We took our daughters to a pumpkin farm. They played in a corn sandbox, tons of corn kernels in a giant wooden box.  They loved this!  They also went down giant slides on hillsides, played in hay stack mazes, and got to pet some animals.  It was truly an awesome day and a great place to go!  If anyone is near Erie, PA at all, Port Farms is the place to go!  It doesn't disappoint!
I would love to post pics of all the girls together but I try not to post pics unless I get permission.  I never asked their parents so it's just Harper.  (Just in case you were wondering)
She was trying to pick up heavy pumpkins!


Harper and daddy going down the big slide!

Going down the small slide by herself!

Queen of the hay!

We did get rained out at the end of the day so we took the kiddos home, had a great dinner, the moms did some crafts while the kids and dads played (and watched sports).  It was the best visit, so glad they moved back to PA!

After they left we decided to make a trek to the other side of town to do a pumpkin walk.  It is a walk along a path in a wooded area decorated with hundreds of pumpkins.  The pumpkins are all carved and lit up.  The best thing is they are carved by many different local places, including schools!  It was so cool to see what people can do with pumpkins.  This is the second year we have done it and we have decided to make it a yearly tradition!  Harper loved it!

Checking out pumpkins!

It was raining but we were trying to make the best of it!  Harper doesn't look happy here, but she was enjoying it!

Just for fun, here is last years family pic at the pumpkin walk:  
She has grown a lot in a year! 



We couldn't get her to smile with daddy, she was more interested in the pumpkins behind her!

A view of some on the walk!

A lighthouse, how cool is this!?

Eyes closed again, but I love this little girl!  


We spent Sunday with my parents at the Franklin Apple Festival.  http://www.franklinapplefest.com/  It was a day filled with crafts, corn dogs, funnel cakes, and lemonade (my favorite fair foods).  My poor parents shared a veggie gyro (no meat and pretty darn healthy...they are doing great on their healthy lifestyle change). Don't worry I kept my eating junky food in front of them at a minimum!  There were so many great vendors we didn't get a chance to see everything.  I did get Harper the most adorable hat for the winter and she insisted on wearing it the rest of the afternoon (it was humid and 80 degrees, gotta love her).

Sock monkey hat!

By the way, Harper turned 20 months on Saturday, getting so big :(  We officially started wearing our 24 month clothes tonight, with a brand new set of pjs.  We are back to the cold weather jammies (it is supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow) and boy do I love her in a one piece!


She loves pumpkins! 

Cute little mermaid on them!  

All in all it was a great day and weekend!  I said it last week and I'll say it again, what a blessing it is to have great family and friends!

I hope you all had a great weekend and a wonderful day today!  Even though it is the dreaded Monday morning, I'm thankful for all the blessings in my life and it's going to be a great week!  See you tomorrow with a peek at what crafts I've been up to lately!  Until then....thanks for stopping by! 

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun    

No comments :

Post a Comment