Nov 13, 2013

Herb Steak

Well I was planning on posting the past two days but I am really struggling getting everything done. Sorry, I don't mean to keep giving excuses, but life is just keeping me really really busy!  The good thing is, I will be done with all my major class assignments by Thanksgiving!  

Last night I made Herb Steak which is a recipe that my mom has been making ever since I can remember.  It is perfect for the cold winter weather (yes, we got snow) and it is a crock pot meal, so easy easy easy!!  As I went to pull out the recipe from my mom's recipe box, I noticed it wasn't in her handwriting.  It was her mom's writing, pretty cool to be making something that she used to make and enjoy!  Plus, comparing her handwriting to my mom's was kind of fun, they don't look anything alike.  


Well here is the recipe for Herb Steak...

1 2lb. beef round steak (ours was slightly under 2 lbs.)
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper 
2 tbs. oil (we used pam instead)
1 medium onion sliced
1 can of cream of mushroom soup 
*Matt and I love mushrooms so we added a tub of sliced mushrooms to our dinner
3/4 tsp. Italian seasoning

Directions:
Cut meat into serving size pieces (we actually did small chunks).  Then, dip the meat into flour and brown in the oil (or pam).  Finally, throw the meat, salt and pepper, mushroom soup, onion, mushrooms (if you want), and Italian seasoning in.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours, honestly it was ready at 8 hours.  


It might not be the prettiest picture, but trust me, it is delicious!!  I particularly enjoy the onions and mushrooms, but it all tastes great!  We had ours with mashed potatoes and salad.  It is the perfect cool weather dinner!  Enjoy and see you tomorrow, I promise! 

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun 

No comments :

Post a Comment