Dec 13, 2013

Baked Chicken Ranch or Chipotle Tacos

Well last night my dad and I went shopping for my Mom's Christmas presents and I'm officially done Christmas shopping!!  It feels really good to be done (I'm not the biggest fan of shopping), now it is time to wrap, make Christmas cookies, and check out lots of fun Christmas decorations! It is kind of like the hard part of the season is done and the fun part is just beginning!  I love to bake Christmas cookies!  

Tonight Matt, Harper, and I are going to drive around checking out Christmas decorations.  I'm excited to do this because Harper is really getting into the decorations this year.  She squeals if she sees inflatable Mickey and Minnie decorations.  She oohs and ahhs with the best of them, I think she is going to love it!

Since we have some busy nights coming up (as I'm sure you all do too) I'm going to share a quick and easy dinner recipe!

Baked Chicken Ranch or Chipotle Tacos

3 chicken breasts (maybe 4 if you want a lot of chicken in each shell)
Cheese (as much as you want to sprinkle on top of each shell)
Ranch dressing or chipotle sauce
Your favorite taco toppings (we had lettuce and tomatoes)
Stand and stuff taco shells

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Get a large Pyrex baking dish and place all shells standing up in the dish.  I actually had to use a small Pyrex in addition to the large to get all my tacos to fit.
Then, place cooked chicken and cheese in each taco shell.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese looks melted.
When they come out, put your favorite dressing on them along with your favorite toppings.

Matt really enjoyed mixing the ranch and chipotle dressings on his (yuck)!  I enjoyed the ranch on mine.  We just got a small container of chipotle sauce with the dressings at the grocery store.  It was something a little different then the traditional salsa and I really liked it for a change!




Happy Friday!  I hope you have something fun and festive planned for the weekend!  Stay warm and enjoy the weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun 

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for the recipe, Leslie! My name is Heather and I was hoping you could email me about a quick question I have regarding your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete