Dec 5, 2013

Happy December!

I know it has been a little bit, but Happy December everyone!  It is such an exciting, busy, crazy, and fun time of the year...I love it!  My mom and I have been busy finishing up crafts because this Saturday and Sunday we are participating in a large craft show in my area.  I'm nervous that nothing will sell but excited to see if it does!!  I have also taken a mental note that Christmas time is not the best time to get involved in a craft show.  I sure wish I would have done more crafting ahead of time (I'm in a huge cram session getting everything done)!  Anyways, it should be a fun experience!

Awhile back I shared what movies I was watching for the fall season.  I'm a HUGE movie person.  My idea of the perfect date night is either going to dinner and a movie or having dinner at home in front of the TV while watching a movie.  I'm the type of person who could seriously watch the same movie 100 times and not get sick of it!  My collection is out of control, my husband doesn't share that same LOVE and sure doesn't enjoy the collection taking over some of our bedroom.  Oh well, when we get a house they can go somewhere else!  Anyways, to prepare for the Christmas season I got out all my Christmas DVDs and I decided I would share with you what I'm watching this winter!  I'll share my favorites out of the pile too!  


My number one favorite family Christmas movie is Home Alone.  I have almost every line memorized and could probably watch it almost every night in the Christmas season!  I love the music, the funny things Kevin says and does, and the memories it brings me (thinking back to watching it as a kid)!  It is just a favorite for me!  Home Alone 2 is also a great one.  The sequels usually don't come close to being as good as the originals, Home Alone 2 is pretty darn close for me!  

My favorite adult Christmas movie is Love Actually.  If you haven't seen in, it is an awesome movie!  There are so many different stories that all connect by the end in one way or another.  It is so sweet, funny, (a little crude), and just really fun!  I highly recommend checking it out this season! 

A few others I really enjoy:
*Santa Claus is Coming to Town 
*Arthur Christmas-I just bought this one for Harper, it is a really sweet movie!
*The Grinch
*Elf
*I'll Be Home for Christmas (a Jonathan Taylor Thomas movie from the 90s)
*The Santa Claus Movies
*The Family Stone
*The Holiday

There are many more but those are just a few of my favorites!  I hope this has put you in the Christmas Movie mood and you can find sometime in the next few weeks to enjoy a bowl of popcorn and one of these great movies with your family!  

One more quick note...

I found this website yesterday (a little late but that is okay) where your kiddos can glue a cotton ball on Santa's beard for each day up until Christmas.  It is a fun and interactive advent calendar for kids.  I'm sharing the link and it's not too late to print one out and let your kiddos enjoy this Christmas activity!



We cut out Santa and glued him to a piece of red construction paper to make him more sturdy!

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun 


No comments :

Post a Comment