Dec 23, 2013

Holiday Randomness

Christmas is so soon now, I can’t believe it.  It makes me kind of sad to think that it will be over so quickly!  I do enjoy the preparation for Christmas, I just wish it didn’t go so quickly!  Oh well, another one is only 365 days away, right!?

We have had some busy days lately!  We had a family party on Saturday evening.  It was a lot of fun to see everyone and catch up!  It was at my parent’s house this year so I got to make a lot of different food!  I tried a few new recipes, both were pretty darn good and really easy to make!  Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake and No Bake Éclair Cake.  Check them out, delicious!  I also made a Sticky Toffee Bundt Cake, which I have blogged about before.  It is one of my favorite bundts ever, especially when it is still warm!  Also, very easy to make!

Saturday night we packed up and headed to Cleveland to spend Christmas with Matt’s family.  Sadly his dad is stuck in Virginia until his truck gets fixed.  We are really hoping he will make it home for Christmas!  We have had a lot of fun with Matt’s mom though!  It is always nice to hang out and relax, and tonight we are going to some kind of interactive Santa’s workshop.  I’m not exactly sure what we are doing there but it sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun!!  Santa will be there so Harper will be in heaven!  She is obsessed with Santa these days!  

I’m just hoping we make it until tonight.  Harper has been up until 11:30-12:00 the past two nights.  She doesn’t do well traveling, which means neither do we! Haha!  She also has woke up at 8:00ish both days.  This morning we had a full-blown melt down.  It was bad!  Screaming, flopping her body everywhere she could, more screaming!  I’m hoping she will nap this afternoon so we can have a fun time this evening!  We are even meeting our friends tonight so it will be a really nice night!  Gotta love time off with friends and family during break! 

Harper and I have had a little down time lately so we have done some crafting.  These were easy to do and really fun for her!  First off I took a piece of green construction paper and cut out a Christmas tree.  I put a yellow star on top and brown trunk on the bottom of it.  Then, I let Harper decorate it with glitter glue and stickers (both I got from the Dollar Tree).  It was super simple but she really enjoyed doing it! 





We also did another egg carton activity.  I put the numbers 1-6 each in a different spot in the egg carton.  Then, I picked up some Christmas erasers on sale at Michaels.  We practiced matching erasers to the corresponding numbers.  This is a little too much for her (she is not really ready for this yet) but I still had fun practicing with her.  She also really enjoyed dumping the erasers in and out of the egg carton.  You could adapt it to older kids by using the numbers 1-12! 





That is about all that is going on here for now.  Tomorrow afternooon we head back to Erie for some more Christmas celebrations.  The weather is supposed to get bad so I'm hoping for okay travel weather!  

I really hope that you all are enjoying your holiday season and getting every last bit out of it that you can! 
Today I’m thankful for the holidays!  It is a special time of year that you get to enjoy time off with family and friends.  If you do have to work, I’m hoping it goes quickly and you are able to get home for time with your families!  Thanks for stopping by today! 

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun

No comments :

Post a Comment