Jan 29, 2014

Birthday Countdown

I can't believe it but Harper will be 2 this coming Wednesday!  Time has just flown by these past two years (as usual)!  I have been talking to her a lot about her birthday to try and get her ready for it.  We talk about the fact that she is one right now but on Wednesday she will be two.  She seems to understand that she will be two, but I thought it would be fun to make a countdown.  She enjoyed counting down to Christmas so much I figured we should do something for her birthday.  Here is what I came up with:

It is only a week countdown....I didn't really want to make more cupcakes then 7 but I suppose you could make as many as you want!  I used card stock to make them sturdy!

We count the cupcakes a few times a day, it is great for counting practice!! 

We keep talking about what happens when we make it to the top, we say, "Happy Birthday Harper"!!  

This morning she took off the first cupcake....6 more days!  

She thought it was pretty exciting...so close to being two!!!  

What kinds of things do you do to countdown to a big event???

Does anyone else have a kid who loves wearing over-sized shoes?  Lol....she loves to sit by the door, try on shoes and then walk around the house in them.  It is pretty funny what little ones find entertaining!  


Thanks for stopping by and I hope to be back soon with another fun craft.  I have a few ideas I've been playing around with!  

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun 

No comments :

Post a Comment