Jan 29, 2014

Valentine's Day Garland Part 2

Have you all started decorating for Valentine's Day yet?  My husband thinks it is too early, he said you don't start decorating until February.  That would only give you 14 days to display your Valentine decorations...that just doesn't work for me.  I think each holiday should be decorated for at least a month, so I started mid January.  St. Patty's Day will be up as soon as my Valentine stuff comes down!  Anyways, I really don't have much for Valentine's Day so I set out to create some inexpensive but cute decorations.  This led me to my more adult version of a banner.  Harper LOVES her foam heart banner, but I wanted something a little more grown up.  This is what I came up with:


I had some burlap left over from my crafting this fall so I just cut 4 triangles out of it.  Then, I painted each triangle white.  When that dried, I grabbed my stencils (which I just got from Hobby Lobby for $2.99 on sale) and traced the word "love" out.  I didn't have a stencil for the heart so that is free hand.  Finally, I turned over the triangles and attached a piece of twine with hot glue on the back.  Be careful when you turn them over to order them the opposite of what you want to see.  I first laid them down with the L first and after I had them hot glued I flipped it to see my final product...it was backwards...grr!  So I cut the twine and did it again!  Once the twine was secure by the hot glue, I cut out a small piece of burlap for the back of each triangle to cover the twine.  I wanted to make sure it was secure and wouldn't come apart.  Nobody can see the extra burlap I laid over my banner in the back but I know it is nice and sturdy!  There you go, really cute and very cheap to make!  

Here is a picture of my parent's full mantel.  Ready to go for Valentine's Day! 


Isn't this super cute!?  I found the printable right here:  Love From The Oven  A really cute blog to check out, plus the printable was free.  Then, I went to T.J. Maxx and got a cute but inexpensive frame!  It works really well with the Valentine's Day mantel!  

Yesterday was a snow day here!  Harper enjoyed every minute and so did we!  



A brownie for breakfast...bad mom or the best mom ever?!!  haha!  It was a snow day we had to enjoy it the right way!

Our VERY sweet neighbors gave Harper two huge tubs and a box full of Thomas train tracks and a ton of trains.  She has enjoyed every minute playing with her new trains!  

Thanks for stopping by, tomorrow I will be back with something fun!  Stay warm!!

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun 

No comments :

Post a Comment