Mar 25, 2014

Cornbread Muffins with Blueberries

Good morning!  Today we have snow in our forecast...it is supposed to hit us around 6:00 tonight.  As much as I have accepted the fact that I live in a very snowy place, I'm ready for it to GO!  Everything is screaming spring is coming around me....everything except for the weather.  I have seen Easter decorations out, spring flowers being put out in stores, and of course spring clothing!  I'm so ready for spring I can't stand it....but since the weather has decided not to cooperate I suppose I have no choice, I'm stuck with the cold a bit longer.  I'm going to share a new muffin that I have made that goes great with a warm bowl of soup.  If you are living somewhere warm, (lucky you!) store this one away for the fall...it's a good one!

Cornbread Muffins with Blueberries:

Ingredients:
1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix and the ingredients it requires to make the muffins *I'm sure you could use any mix you would like though!
1 small tub of blueberries

Directions:
Mix up the corn bread exactly as the directions show on the package.
When done, throw in a small tub of blueberries
Cook the muffins for the normal time.  

I was never a fan of cornbread muffins growing up.  My husband picked up a box of Jiffy mix recently and said he wanted to have some muffins with his soup.  I knew there must be a way I could make them so that I would enjoy them too.  I had a tub of blueberries and just threw them in, delicious!  They couldn't be easier to make and really tasty too!


Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope warm weather greets you soon, wherever you may be!  We are ready for it here in Erie!  Have a great Tuesday!

Follow me on Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/littlesunblog/pins/
Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/littlebitofsun 

No comments :

Post a Comment